Dive into the world of NFC and gain insight into the ins and outs of the technology. In the standard course, over the course of two days you will learn the difference between NFC and RFID, the NFC operating modes, the different type of tags, tag memory structure, and how to read/write to the different type of NFC tags.
The training can be offered at your corporate office. Within the Greater Toronto Area, there will be no additional travel fee. Contact us to learn more or request a quote.
This training is targeted towards firms with developers, technical managers and application engineers. The training is not meant for marketing or non-technical management. The course is technical in nature and does not cover the intricate details of mobile payments, mobile wallet and marketing strategy.
The following topics will be covered over the 2-day standard workshop:
- Session 1: Origins of NFC – How NFC differs from RFID
- Session 2: NFC Tag Technologies
- Session 3: NFC operating modes (read/write, peer to peer, card emulation)
- Session 4: Details of Type 1 and Type 2 Tags
- Session 5: Details of Mifare Classic Tags
- Session 6: How to Detect/Discern NFC Tags Types
- Session 7: How to Read/Write Type 1 Tags
- Session 8: How to Read/Write Type 2 & Mifare Classic Tags
The following sessions can be subsitituted at no extra charge:
- Type 4 tag operation with specific focus on APDU formats and DESFire security features.
- NFC Hardware: Review of commercially available NFC readers, controllers, and NFC EEPROMs
- Android NFC development: Learn about developing NFC applications on Android